Configure 2 network cards

Charles.Collier at pimkie.fr Charles.Collier at pimkie.fr
Wed May 19 12:51:15 UTC 2004

Hello,

I have 2 network cards on my server (running with Red Hat ES 3 update 1)

The first one is the main one, which is always working, the second one is
a backup.

I'd like to know: how to configure my 2 network cards to change the
default card in case of problem (keeping the same configuration: IP,
gateway...).

I will explain it with this:

# ... eth0 is working and eth1 is ok but not running.

A network problem occured

# ... eth1 is running and the machine keeps the same network identity
(except its mac adress)

the network problem is solved

# ... Eth1 will stop and eth0 will be working again.

Thanks

Charles.