RH 9 Update CDs

fredex fredex at fcshome.stoneham.ma.us
Tue May 25 00:04:08 UTC 2004

On Mon, May 24, 2004 at 10:34:43PM +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 22:07, Jason Dixon wrote:
>
> > Red Hat releases updated ISO images of their Enterprise Linux products,
> > the most recent of which was "Update 4".  To the best of my knowledge,
> > they never released updated ISO images of their retail/community Linux
> > distributions.
>
> Just to expound a bit.  There are 2 currently supported versions of
> RHEL.  RHELv2.1 and RHELv3.  v2.1 is at Update 4 while v3 is at Update
> 2.

Dumb question: When/where/how does one find out about these update
levels? At work I have licensed (and paid up) copies of both 2.1 and
3.0, and I have not received any notification whatsoever about there
being any updated versions available.

> And, you are correct about RH not issuing updated ISO images of their
> non-enterprise versions.

Although I think they did do so for RH 7.0, I do not know the reason.

                        The Lord is like a strong tower.