Can't umount when busy

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Mon May 31 17:17:15 UTC 2004

You can use command 'fuser -mv' with the mount point as its argument.'
For example, if you need to know what processes are using /var
filesystem
so it cannot be umounted, you should give the following command:

fuser -mv /var

It will give you the list of all processes which use files and
directories
in the mounted filesystem. Filesystem can not be umounted while any of
files/directories on it are used (for example, opened).

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com