Fedora dual boot installation problems

Edwin Humphries edwin at ironstone.com.au
Sat May 1 07:28:37 UTC 2004

I'm installing fedora on a windows XP computer: it has a 40Gb
partition: 13Gb NTFS windows system partition, 102 boot Linux
partition, 11.9 Gb Linux root partition, 957 Mb Linux swap partition,
and 2 Fat32 shared data partitions.

I've been consistently getting 2 errors:

1.	when partitioning, I get a "boot partition /boot may not meet
booting constraints of your system for you architecture".

2.	when installing packages (at random stages): "There was an error
installing [package]. This can indicate media failure, lack of disk
space, and/or hardware problems. This is a fatal error and your
install will be aborted. Please verify your media and try your
install again. Press the OK button to reboot your system." The media
has checked out fine.

The suggestion from forums are try booting with linux allowcddma and
linux ide=nodma; neither appear to work, although allowing cd dma
gets further into the install, but that could be random variation.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Edwin Humphries,
Ironstone Technology Pty Ltd
edwin at ironstone.com.au