redhat-list Digest, Vol 2, Issue 59

JSquire at certus.co.nz JSquire at certus.co.nz
Sun May 2 21:20:06 UTC 2004

Hi,

thanks for the response Tim.

sorry, should have been more clearer - that is exactly what i am trying to
do but when running rpm -bb SPECS/bcm5700.spec i get "SPEC/bcm5700.spec:
No such file or directory" same for running rpm -bb SPECS/basplnx.spec. i
am running both of these commands from /usr/src/redhat and both .spec
files exist under /usr/src/redhat/SPECS - even tried using the full path
but still the same:
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# pwd
/usr/src/redhat
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# ls
SOURCES  SPECS
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# ls SPECS/
basplnx.spec  bcm5700.spec
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# rpm -bb SPECS/bcm5700.spec
SPECS/bcm5700.spec: No such file or directory
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# rpm -bb SPECS/basplnx.spec
SPECS/basplnx.spec: No such file or directory
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# rpm -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/bcm5700.spec
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/bcm5700.spec: No such file or directory
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]# rpm -bb /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/basplnx.spec
/usr/src/redhat/SPECS/basplnx.spec: No such file or directory
[root at LINAPPP01 redhat]#

is it possible that there are some dependencies that are not installed
causing this error - the docs do not indicate that there are any
dependencies.

as an alternative i tried the bcm5700 driver that comes with the base OS -
this driver is allready installed but fails insmod reporting "No such
device".

have also read that with Redhat 8 the kudzu files containing PCI vendor
and device info need to be patched - is this also true for RHEL ES 2.1? Is
it possible that the NICs are'nt being detected as Broadcom NICs and
therefore reporting "No such device". How can I find out what NICs the OS
thinks are installed?

we were planning on running the updates at a later stage after some
initial testing - think I'll do that now and then try again.

Message: 1