WS - server packages

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue May 4 16:02:33 UTC 2004

On Tue, May 04, 2004 at 04:57:21PM +0200, Jochen Vogel wrote:
> Is there an complete list which packages are included in the different
> versions?
>
> My problem is, that HP only support RHEL and not Fedora and i must install
> an
> Content Server with Squid, Postfix, SpamAsassin, Amavis ........

You can look at all the source rpms on Red Hat's FTP site.  If you have
a RHEL subscription, you can go to RHN and review the package listings
there.

squid, postfix, and spamassassin are all in RHEL WS (and therefore also
in ES and AS).  Amavis doesn't appear to be.

I don't believe that there are any anti-virus packages in RHEL although
many of them work.  I run f-prot at home and support it myself.

Just because Red Hat doesn't support the package doesn't mean that
somebody else won't.  Red Hat will support a system with f-prot on it,
but they just don't support f-prot itself.  Given the right incentive
($), Red Hat might offer customized support for you.  It won't hurt to
ask.

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org