Computer crashing

denniswj at iinet.net.au denniswj at iinet.net.au
Thu May 6 06:08:57 UTC 2004

I have redhat 9 on my computer and have problems where every four hours, I have
to reboot the computer otherwise it will lock up.When it does lock up there's
continued activity withe hard drive.

I do not have any other software only redhat text version no GUI and only use
it for VOIP IRLP.Other users of the software have not indicated that there is a
problem that may cause the leak.

I have 128 megs RAM 40 GIG hard drive (new) with a 350mhz processor I am told
by the
Developers of the VOIP software that the 128 mb ram is far above whats needed to
run software.

Not being a full on linux i can only guess my suspicions.

I suspect that it is a memory leak problem and can anyone suggest a fix for this
problem.

Thanks

Dennis James
Scone