Bandwidth Monitor

Harry hari76 at omantel.net.om
Sat May 8 16:20:29 UTC 2004

Ed Wilts wrote:

>On Sat, May 08, 2004 at 07:44:56PM +0530, Harry wrote:
>

>>Thanks for your suggesstion, I downloaded the mrtg script, I also
>>installed all the modules perfectly...as I got rpms from the net, now
>>when I run the script I get this error....
>>./mrtg_total.pl: line 135: syntax error near unexpected token `$DEBUG'
>>./mrtg_total.pl: line 135: `my ($DEBUG)= (0);   # 1 to get debugging
>>printouts to STDERR,'
>>
>>Is there something wrong in the script ?or is is that I have to do
>>something at my end...I was also wondering where are the options that
>>specify the Interfaces...
>>

>On that web page there are instructions on modifying your mrtg.cfg file
>with what looks like comment lines (#-#) but are read by mrtg_total.pl
>to get the information for each information.
>
>It took me a bit of time this morning, but I've finally got mine
>working: http://www.ewilts.org/mrtg/graphs/mrtg_total/
>
>I grabbed my modules from cpan and recompiled from the sources.  These
>are the versions I used on my RHEL3 system:
>[root at p6000 GD]# ls *gz
>GD-1.41.tar.gz       GDGraph3d-0.56.tar.gz
>GDGraph-1.43.tar.gz  GDTextUtil-0.86.tar.gz

Thanks a Million Mr Ed for yr speedy response.....I downloaded the rpm
followed some instructions from this site
http://www.grape-info.com/doc/linux/config/mrtg-2.10.5-1.html
and its working awesome......
I have been seeing the graphs that it makes every 5 mins, it clearly
shows all the connections and the Traffic Load but my million dollar
question is yet to be answerd?Where do I get to see the total bandwidth
utilised on a daily basis?Am i still missing something?Guess will need
to resarch more, in the mean time yr pointer will defintaley be appreciated.

Regards

Harry