remote dump

Padiyath Sreekumaran Kumar.Padiyath at psi.ch
Thu May 13 07:50:31 UTC 2004

   Hello,
   I have a server(Redhat7.3) which I want to
   make backup remote. Since Iam new to Linux
   I need help. The remote machine
   also runs with RedHat(9.0)
   Can I use rdump ? Is there any other commands which also
   works without problems? Can any one give some examples
   from their experience?

    How can I restore from this tape after a system crash?
    What are the steps included(boot from CD, using fdisk for
    partioning the disk etc etc.) I will be thankful if the
    steps are mentioned step by step. Then I can try on a test
    machine to be sure that every thing works.I would like to know how
    I have to proceed in remote restore case.

      Thanks in advance,
         Sreekumar