Recommended UPS for Linux

Brian Ashe rhlist at dee-web.com
Thu May 13 16:48:45 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 12 May 2004 10:25, Ryan Golhar wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a good UPS for Linux desktops?  I have two desktops
> that are LDAP/NFS servers.  I want to put them on a UPS for automatic
> shutdown if the power is out for a period of time.
>
> I read the UPS HOW-TO on tldp.org.  I was wondering what others are
> using and if anyone has any preferences on manufacturer and models.  I
> really need about maybe 10-20 minutes before automatic shut-down.  I
> think I would like a USB model in order to monitor the battery
> condition.  Can anyone make any recommendations?

You may want to consider MinuteMan...
http://www.minutemanups.com/

We have used these and have been extremely pleased with them. They have worked
both with USB and serial, include all cables, seem well built, have performed
well and the included SentryII software works on Linux and includes sysv
style init scripts to make it easy to work with.

I don't own any stock or anything, just a very satisfied customer.

--
Brian Ashe - CTO
Dee-Web Software Services, LLC.