Problem with inbound connections

Pete Nesbitt pete at linux1.ca
Fri May 14 00:42:59 UTC 2004

On May 13, 2004 07:45 am, Daniel H. Vickers wrote:
> OK, I included a dump of netstat -tap in netstattap.txt... Just want
> someone to double check it for me. Also when you say IP address of your
> host, you mean the ip address of my server, correct?

Ben,
I don't think the routing that Ike suggested is needed as the RH box has no
problem connecting outbound, it sounds more like a networking problem where
the packet never reaches the box.

What does your network look like? Are both the Linux and Windows boxes on the
same LAN behind a firewall/gateway of some sort?

What are the ip/network for each of them?

If both RH and Win boxes are on same LAN, have you tried to test services from
the windows box?
Can you ping it from the windows box?  If not, what is the error?

--
Pete Nesbitt, rhce