Outbound Email problem

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Sat May 15 01:44:12 UTC 2004

On Sat, 2004-05-15 at 04:49, Vivek Kumar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Recently I encountered a strange problem though its very common, 2 users
> sent mail to 2 different blackberry user's account. The blackberry user
> said that he got mail after 3-4 hours delay. He was mad at it and said
> that our server has some problem as both his blackberry have account
> through different phone companies so its not possible that both the
> account will receive mails with lot of delay.
> I checked my server and saw that all the mails going out are relayed as
> soon as it gets on my server. I tried to send message today to his
> blackberry and he got it immediately. Now what could be the problem last
> night. I want to dig into it as he wants to know the problem. Can you
> suggest where I should start. I checked my server and things look OK to
> me.
>
> Thanks.. Any help in this regard will be appreciated.

On the email in his blackberry is it possible to display the message
headers?

Like....

(8.11.6/8.11.6) id i4ELsla03529 for
redhat-list at listman.util.phx.redhat.com; Fri, 14 May 2004 17:54:47 -0400

Also, when your email is outbound does it first go to your ISP?

Ed

--
"An opinion is like an asshole - everybody has one."
    - Clint Eastwood as Harry Callahan, The Dead Pool - 1988.