give one user access to another users home directory via ftp

Chris W. Parker cparker at swatgear.com
Mon May 17 16:57:09 UTC 2004

hello.

i've got a situation where i would like to give one user access to
another users home directory on RH9 via vs-ftp.

the reason for this is because i've been building our new website from
within my home directory. if i create another user and give them access
to ftp they will, by default, not have access to my home directory.

what i would really like is for them to have access only to the website
directory within my home directory and not the entire tree. for example,
when they log in their root would be at
'/home/cparker/www/sites/websitea/'. in this way they would have access
to everything within the websitea tree but nothing else.

is this possible? and if so how do i set this up or where should i start
looking?

thanks,
chris.