how to set up sendmail to accept only whitelist?

MKlinke mklinke at axsi.com
Thu May 20 22:05:16 UTC 2004

On Thursday 20 May 2004 16:43, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> hello.
>
> currently, part of my spam strategy is to take advantage of the
> blacklist feature of sendmail*. however, i read somewhere recently
> (and it made a lot of sense to me) to accept email only sent to
> valid email addresses and reject the rest. lately i've notied a lot
> more random usernames being prepended to @swatgear.com.
>
> my setup is the following:
>
> internet => sendmail w/ spamassassin => exchange 2k
>

> can someone tell me what this is called and where i can read a
> document(s) on how to get it working?
>

> thanks,
> chris.

In your access (/etc/mail/access) list you can reject all mail from a
domain by default and then itemize those email addresses that will be
accepted in that same domain.  For example:

exDomain.com             REJECT

validUser1 at exDomain.com      OK
validUser2 at exDomain.com      OK

Regards,  Mike Klinke