Upgrading from 32bit to 64bit

Jason Blair JRBlair at wyeth.com
Wed Nov 10 19:46:36 UTC 2004

Well...long story.  My *nix admin is on disability leave and I can't
even contact him to ask him questions.  I have no idea why he bought
64bit hardware and a 32bit OS.  I know the customer was expecting 64bit
and I don't have it.  I do however have the 32bit installed and I am
trying to figure out if it would be better to wait for the 64bit and
rebuild or if it's possible to upgrade.  Since my admin is on leave, me
the network guy, has to figure out linux.  So by your answer I assume
it's not an easy thing to do.

Thanks,
Jason

>>> srigler at marathonoil.com 11/10/2004 2:18:53 PM >>>

You're talking about two different architectures.  If you have
the 64bit hardware and a 64bit OS is available then why not go
with what's designed to run on it?