Display question

Ben Russo ben at muppethouse.com
Wed Nov 17 17:47:57 UTC 2004

Bob Metelsky wrote:
> using  RH ES 3.0
> Ive installed Linux and although its a cosmetic problem, my issue is I
> cant get a better resolution than 800x600 on any machine
>
> Id like to get a nice 1024x768

If you just installed a default RHEL AS v3 X desktop, your window
manager is gnome. You can click on the "RedHat" icon at the lower
left corner of the screen, then click on the "System Settings" menu
folder, then select "Display"
You will then be prompted for the root users password (you are logged in
as a regular user (non-root) right?)
After entering the root password you will get a window for
"Display Settings" where you should be able to select the
resolution and color depth.

-Ben.