Fedora core and AMD 64

Asplund, Marcus Masplund at Remel.com
Tue Nov 23 16:48:44 UTC 2004

I am currently using Fedora for on an Asus P4P*800 Deluxe W/ p4 Prescott 3.0
GHZ., w a gig of PC3200 Non-ecc RAM ,and have not had any real problems with
the configuration that I haven't been able to solve fairly rapidly. I use
the box for for a great deal of multimedia apps. Dig. Cam. GIMP, Audio, and
Home theater . I also have it set up as a file server on my home network and
email server externally. I have been thinking of building an AMD 64 Fedora
Box that will be used for most of the same things but I would like to
configure it as a fully functional Web Server, emailserver, and File/FTP
server.I have very little experience with AMD processors and the Mobo's/
chipsets to go with. Any suggestions that anyone could give me would be very
much appreciated. I would like to stick with Asus for the Mobo but Like I
said I have very limited experience with AMD. Thank you in advance.

Marc

Linux Counter # 237781