RH 9 install crashes

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Nov 28 01:53:44 UTC 2004

On Sat, Nov 27, 2004 at 08:34:45PM -0500, mark wrote:
>    well, I *finally*got the ok to upgrade my SO's system, and I wound up
> burning three CDs, and booting, and the install starts...and right after
> I agree that it's upgrading a 7.3 system, and to go ahead, the install
> crashes with python errors.

7.3 to 9 is a big jump and 9 isn't supported any more anyway (and hasn't
been for 6 months).  I'd suggest that you be better off backing up the
important data and doing a fresh install of Fedora Core 3.

Upgrades are always risky and iffy on Linux.  They work sometimes for
some people, but in general, avoid them if you can.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org