HP' NAS device with redhat ES 3

Naeem Shah naeem_sarwar at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 29 17:46:18 UTC 2004

Hi gurus,

I am new to this mailing list. I am sure that I will benefit the
knowledge experts have on this list and at the sametime, I will be able
to share what I know.

Infact, I have 2 x86 machines running rhel ES 3. I want to create a
cluster for oracle rac 10g using the shared disk device NAS from HP.
Currently, i am able to nfs-mount hard drives available on NAS with the
2 machines. But is this enough to have cluster? I am sure not. Is this
OK to nfs_mount and supported by oracle or NAS has to be attached with
these 2 machines directly?

If yes, then how can we configure this NAS from redhat?

Please share your knowledge. Very much appreciated.

Naeem