large email queues

Alexey Fadyushin fab at s-tunnel.com
Tue Nov 30 18:07:16 UTC 2004

The answer will depend on the SMTP server software which you are using.
For example, in sendmail you usually can just delete files in
/etc/mqueue which contain queued messages. Files to be deleted could be
found with the use of 'grep' command with the sender address. Sendmail
need not be restarted after files are deleted.

Alexey Fadyushin
Brainbench MVP for Linux.
http://www.brainbench.com