Using Firewall Builder

keith morse kgmorse at mpcu.com
Sat Oct 2 17:13:31 UTC 2004

menonrr at jmu.edu wrote:
> Hello Volker,
>
> I was very busy with studies yesterday. But I got to install
> firewall builder. I am a bit confused on how to use it.
> Will it use the existing iptables file or make a new file for
> it. I get some errors too.
>
> They are
>
> 1. When I start the application with command fwbuilder.
>
> [root at nessusClient root]# fwbuilder
> QSplitter::setProperty( "handleWidth", value ) failed:
> property invalid, read-only or does not exist
>
> 2. When I try to compile rules.
>
> fwb_ipt -f /root/firewallGUI/firewall.fwb -d /root/firewallGUI
> nessusClient
>
> Error: Failed to start program

Please reference the www.fwbuilder.org website and mail list.  I don't
know that answer to the issue above, but the author is very responsive
to questions like this.  Please include the version of fwbuilder and os
you are using when you post to the list.  In addition, the website has
some cookbook examples of differing situations for using fwbuilder.