"Neighbour Table Overflow" kernel warning

Romain Groleau romain_groleau at yahoo.se
Mon Oct 4 16:10:53 UTC 2004

Hi everyone,

I have this disturbing messages on some of my nodes:
"Neighbour Table Overflow
 NET: x messages suppressed"

In my network I have two types of nodes. Gateway nodes
and non Gateway nodes. The non-gateway nodes are
hidden behind a NAT and uses the gateway nodes to
access the Internet.
Each node uses the click modular router. The loopback
interface is set up well.
The ARP requests and queries are handled by the click
modular router. There is a ARP Faker which answers the
Linux ARP queries. So in my linux ARP Table I have
only entries like:
host1 01:01:01:01:01 interf1
host2 01:01:01:01:01 interf1
host3 host3_real_MAC_addr eth0
So now what happens is that I have only the "Neighbour
Table Overflow" problem on my non-gateway nodes.
Someone would know how to solve the problem?

Thanks,

R.