the rc-local file problem

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Oct 5 16:31:52 UTC 2004

On Tue, Oct 05, 2004 at 09:48:34AM -0400, menonrr at jmu.edu wrote:
> I used to make my static routes 'permanent' in Redhat 9 by
> putting the 'route add' command in the rc.local file. But I
> note that in one machine the route is not automatically added.

I've always done it with /etc/sysconfig/static-routes.  Here's a snippet
of the top of one of mine:
# External chunk of Merrill class B
any net 150.228.40.0 netmask 255.255.248.0 gw 172.30.12.1

This gets called by the network startup script.  To test it, add the
entry and then do a /sbin/service network restart &

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA