syslog question

Michael Schwendt fedora at wir-sind-cool.org
Mon Oct 18 10:15:41 UTC 2004

On Mon, 18 Oct 2004 02:46:13 -0700 (PDT), jim martin wrote:

> Thanks but after I add in

Please reply below quotes, post only to the list, and trim
your posts. That would be a nice sign of Netiquette awareness.

> !local6.info;*.info;mail.none;authpriv.none;cron.none
> /var/log/messages
>
> I got the following starting system logger failed.
> And /var/log/messages doesn't log anymore. why?

I can't guess what editing mistakes you may have made.
You should be able to undo your changes again and restart
the service.

--
Fedora Core release 2.92 (FC3 Test 3) - Linux 2.6.8-1.541
loadavg: 0.07 0.02 0.00