iSCSI Implementation

Sites, Brad BSites at mem-ins.com
Tue Oct 19 15:24:50 UTC 2004

On Tuesday, October 19, 2004 10:00 AM, Nathaniel Hall is quoted as saying:
> Has anybody setup a Linux system as an iSCSI server? If so, any
> recommendations for software to use to control it?
> --
> Nathaniel Hall

We setup a Fedora Core 1 box as an iSCSI server in our test lab.  We only
used this for testing purposes and actually did a lot more tests than just
iSCSI. iSCSI was just one part of what we were looking at.

There are several places to get some information on setting up iSCSI on
Linux.  A good place to start is:

http://www.cuddletech.com/articles/iscsi/

As for software to control it, I don't know if there are any/many graphical
interfaces.  We did not even try to get one.  We used the config files that
come with the iSCSI for Linux implementation.  It was fairly straight
forward.

Brad Sites, RHCE
Systems and Security Administrator
Missouri Employers Mutual Insurance