Reloading GRUB in MBR

Brian McGrew Brian at doubledimension.com
Wed Oct 20 18:41:39 UTC 2004

Worked perfectly, thanks!

-brian

-----Original Message-----
From: redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com
[mailto:redhat-list-bounces at redhat.com] On Behalf Of McDougall, Marshall
(FSH)
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 11:34 AM
To: 'General Red Hat Linux discussion list'
Subject: RE: Reloading GRUB in MBR

Brian

Try booting with the Linux cd to rescue mode, login as root and run
grub.
Once you have the grub prompt, type "find /boot/grub/stage1" or "find
/grub/stage1" depending on the pathing, without the quotes. The command
should return something to the effect of (hd0,0).  At the prompt, type
"root (hd0,0)" or whatever was returned in the previous command, and hit
enter.
Again at the prompt type "setup (hd0)".  That should reinstall the grub
boot loader. Quit out of grub, exit out of rescue mode and reboot.  You
should be good to go. HTH

Regards, Marshall