grub screwed up

James Pifer jep at obrien-pifer.com
Wed Sep 1 12:55:41 UTC 2004

I have a couple redhat 9 systems where grub is installed but not working
as I'm used to. On a system I installed a new kernel using apt. When I
rebooted I was not given the option for that kernel, only the original
one. I went to modify /boot/grub/grub.conf and found there was no grub
directory under /boot.

I reinstalled grub but /boot/grub was still empty. I have another RH9
system and tried to manually get it working. Of course that didn't work.
Any suggestions on how to fix the situation?

Thanks,
James