help on nautilus-cd-burner

Margaret Doll Margaret_Doll at brown.edu
Thu Sep 2 15:26:18 UTC 2004

 From the tail of /var/log/dmesg

st: Version 20030406, bufsize 32768, max init. bufs 4, s/g segs 16
Attached scsi tape st0 at scsi0, channel 0, id 1, lun 0
Attached scsi tape st1 at scsi0, channel 0, id 2, lun 0
hdc: attached ide-scsi driver.
scsi1 : SCSI host adapter emulation for IDE ATAPI devices
   Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX160E    Rev: 1.0g
   Type:   CD-ROM                             ANSI SCSI revision: 02

 From /var/log/messages:  I don't see any error messages.

Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: Attached scsi tape st0 at scsi0, channel
0, id 1, lun 0
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: Attached scsi tape st1 at scsi0, channel
0, id 2, lun 0
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: hdc: attached ide-scsi driver.
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: scsi1 : SCSI host adapter emulation for
IDE ATAPI devices
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel:   Vendor: SONY      Model: CD-RW  CRX160E
    Rev: 1.0g
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel:   Type:   CD-ROM
    ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: IA-32 Microcode Update Driver: v1.13
<tigran at veritas.com>
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: microcode: CPU0 already at revision 0x5
(current=0x5)
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: microcode: No suitable data for cpu 0
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: parport0: PC-style at 0x378 (0x778)
[PCSPP,TRISTATE,EPP]
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: parport0: irq 7 detected
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: Attached scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi1,
channel 0, id 0, lun 0
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: sr0: scsi3-mmc drive: 32x/32x writer
cd/rw xa/form2 cdda tray
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: Uniform CD-ROM driver Revision: 3.12
Sep  2 08:13:28 geops kernel: Attached scsi generic sg0 at scsi0,
channel 0, id 0, lun 0,  type 8

cat /proc/scsi/scsi
Attached devices:
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00
   Vendor: QUALSTAR Model: TLS-4212i        Rev: 2.09
   Type:   Medium Changer                   ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 01 Lun: 00
   Vendor: SONY     Model: SDX-500C         Rev: 0107
   Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi0 Channel: 00 Id: 02 Lun: 00
   Vendor: SONY     Model: SDX-500C         Rev: 010f
   Type:   Sequential-Access                ANSI SCSI revision: 02
Host: scsi1 Channel: 00 Id: 00 Lun: 00