[Suspected Junk Mail] remote root login in RedHat EL v3.0

Wayne Pinette Wpinette at cariboo.bc.ca
Wed Sep 8 21:37:18 UTC 2004

Well you have probably heard this before, but I may as well fire up the
old broken record.  telnet aside, you should never have a system
open to blind root access from the public.  It is alwasy better to come
in under a normal user id and just do an su (or su - )

That's my solution to your problem :-).  Flame away.

Wayner

>>> stotsy at exn.co.il 05/09/2004 1:52:49 am >>>
Hello all,
I have some problems logging in as root from remote telnet in EL v3.0,
I changed the login file in pam.d and also rename the /etc/securetty
with no success.....

Please pive any hint.

Stots