network settings

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Mon Sep 13 14:53:49 UTC 2004

>> 1) I have configured my network settings through
>> the GUI (system settings --> networks). I would
>> like to know if the configurations would be saved,
>> the next time I reboot.

To my knowledge, yes, they will be saved.

>> 2) I had to use the 'route add ..' command to add
>> a default gateway. I would aslo like to know if
>> that is permanent?

Now, why would you need to set your default gateway this way?  You
should be able to do that through the GUI.   In any case, no, I don't
think this change is permanent.  Double-check the GUI from #1, I'm sure
the gateway setting is in there.

Ryan

1) I have configured my network settings through the GUI (system
settings --> networks). I would like to know if the configurations would
be saved, the next time I reboot.

2) I had to use the 'route add ..' command to add a default gateway. I
would aslo like to know if that is permanent?

Thank you guys for all help.

Menon