SSH attacks ?

Jason Dixon jason at dixongroup.net
Thu Sep 16 13:51:06 UTC 2004

On Sep 16, 2004, at 9:48 AM, Reuben D. Budiardja wrote:

> Hello,
> Just wondering if anyone's been seeing a lot of SSH attempts to their
> machines
> lately. I've seen at least 30 - 60 unautorizhed, brute force attempts
> to each
> of my server daily, and they come from different domain everyday.

If, by brute force, you mean the "Admin/root/guest" dumb attempts, then
yes, I have about one attempt daily.  This has been going on for at
least the last month or so IIRC.  As long as you're patched and not
using incredibly poor passwords, you'll be fine.  Search the NANOG
archives if you need more detail.

--
Jason Dixon, RHCE
DixonGroup Consulting