file system size limit

Minh Cao minh.cao at statschippac.com
Thu Sep 16 22:18:04 UTC 2004

I remember 2TB is max on ext3.

                      ASB
                      <vmlinuz at abisen.com        To:       redhat-list at redhat.com
                      >                          cc:
                      Sent by:                   Subject:  file system size limit
                      redhat-list-bounces
                      @redhat.com

                      09/16/2004 03:06 PM
                      Please respond to
                      General Red Hat
                      Linux discussion
                      list

What is the limit on the filesystem size from RHEL ES 3.0 (kernel
2.4.15) perspective. I have IBM FASTt600 Turbo with EXP 700 ontaining
28x74Gig HDD's can i make a single LUN out of the disks and get around 2
TB of file system. Will there be any problem from ext3 file system
perspective.

Thanks
ASB