Need Help - Static IP Setup

Brian D. McGrew brian at doubledimension.com
Sat Sep 18 19:49:58 UTC 2004

With your static IP, you're default (I assume you mean default router)
is wrong.  You're subnet mask is most likely wrong too.  Try something
like this:

Default router:	67.34.177.254
IP Address:		67.34.177.240
Subnet Mast:		255.255.255.248 or 255.255.255.240
DNS:				67.34.177.254 or 198.6.1.3/198.6.1.4

See your default router has to be on the same subnet that your IP is on
or there is no communications.  An incorrect subnet mask will cause
problems too.  The subnet mask is what tells your network where it
starts and stops.

-brian

Brian D. McGrew		{ brian at doubledimension.com ||
pacemakertaker at yahoo.com }