IP forwarding: Thanks Mr.Burger/Mr. Stefan

menonrr at adelphia.net menonrr at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 20 03:26:13 UTC 2004

Hello,

Being a newbie/student, I was not able to communicate my problem clearly.

My need was just to forward the traffic between 2 networks without any masquerading. I stepped into the latter by mistake and went in to it too deep when I realized that I was in danger! :)

Any way, I did as Mr. Stefan said. Put in the routes to both sides, removed the SNAT, and saved the static routes in /etc/rc.local (another help from the linux world!) to make it "automatic" each time the redhat 9 re-boots. I hope this will work.

Thank you all for the great help and learning experience.

Menon