It's probably stupid.... but......

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Thu Sep 23 17:17:45 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-09-19 at 18:56, Otto Haliburton wrote:
> > I was wondering if there is anyway of running MS Access and Red Hat 9
> > ??  This computer is set up as a Server so I'm running Apache with Perl,
> > Python, ASP, ASP .NET, PHP, JSP. So basically some ASP and ASP .NET
> > scripts need Access or SQL as Database.

If all you need is "...Access or SQL..." will *any* SQL database work?
Or do you *need* Microsoft applications?

If any SQL will help, Red Hat Linux and Fedora have included MySQL and
PostgreSQL for ages. Both are free and work well. Oracle also runs on
Linux as does IBM's DB2. Basically everything made by everyone except
Microsoft runs on Linux.

Perhaps this is a good time to invest in a database migration?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz at simpaticus.com>
Simpaticus.com