redhat-config-httpd question

Lloyd H. Meinholz lloyd.meinholz at bmpcoe.org
Fri Sep 24 15:56:40 UTC 2004

Does anyone have experience with the redhat-config-httpd (or
system-config-httpd)? I'm having some issues with it. Like I change the
error logs in the gui, but the configuration file doesn't seem to
change, the configuration file itself seems to be munged (enough spaces
at the beginning to make vi puke, so I have to more the file to look at
it), but readable by httpd, etc. It seems basically junk to me.

Am I doing something incredibly wrong or is this tool simply worthless?
I have many installations of apache built from source, but was hoping
that RedHat would make my job easier for me. I know the DNS tool is
broken too. I wish they wouldn't even offer the tool(s) if it didn't
work.

Sorry for being so negative and thanks for any pointers...

Lloyd