[mouse setting] My mice jumps everwhere on screen

Yin Ming yinming at mdc-ds.com
Tue Sep 28 03:32:51 UTC 2004

hi

My mice is a bargain, so its quality is bargain too. It's a COM (DB9
interface), two button and a wheel in the middle. In WIN, it's
recogenized as a Serial compatible mouse, and I can use wheel to scroll
pages. But in RH9, in fact some other linux versions, it broken.

When install, it was recogenized as a normal serial two buttons mouse,
on /dev/stty0, COM1. But, from install, it doesn't work, all the time it
stays on the top of screen, and jump every where when I move it, even
has a "click" effect, but I just moved it, didn't click any button.

So I had to use KB to finish the install, and, when I got into X, it
rerised, it worked very well as a two-button mice, except cannot use the
wheel. I checked the setting in Gnome, it's all right, on /dev/stty1,
Serial two-button mouse, After a exciting time, it happened to be broken
again, without any setting or pluging. I rushed to find the setting in
Gnome, everything is OK, no changing. But after logout of X and login
again, it's OK again.

Then I found, it would change its stage, good or bad, mostly when I get
in or out of X, or change the mouse settings in Gnome. I tried
mouseconfig but noting happend. Seems nothing can dtermine whether it
will be good or bad, All I can do is just login and logout X to wait for
it become good. Hey, did I forget to do something? Or did I select the
wrong type? Or anything else?

--
殷鸣 <yinming at mdc-ds.com>