Upgrading openldap-server package

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Tue Sep 28 23:08:57 UTC 2004

Ryan Golhar wrote:
> That's exactly what I did, but its weird, the last update didn't erase
> my database.   It looks like only the accounts that were created since
> that last time I shutdown slapd were not there.

Here's the comment from Red Hat on this bug:

"we released -15 as part of U3 with inadvertently changed the default
database type (doesn't "nuke" the existing db, just makes it
inaccessible). Either reverting to the previous release or upgrading to
-17 (released just a few hours after -15) fixes the problem. "

	.../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org