how to redirect command in export display in shell script

Mike Burger mburger at bubbanfriends.org
Fri Sep 3 14:58:49 UTC 2004

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Vipul Ramani wrote:

> HI , ALL,
>         i want to write 1 scripts which basically export local display
> in local only after that run xterm &  n run few command on that
> expoert display i tired but i wont run.so any one plz let me know..
> #!/bin/sh
> DISPALY=127.0.0.1
> export DISPLAY
> xterm &
> date
>
> while i run this script date command print in same terminal instead of
> exported xterm i want to run date command in new exported xterm
> window.
> thanks in adv.

Well, to start, you've got your variable mispelled.

Second, you might want to make the value 127.0.0.1:0.

Third, you might want to just save a step, and "export DISPLAY=127.0.0.1:0

--
Mike Burger
http://www.bubbanfriends.org

Visit the Dog Pound II BBS

To be notified of updates to the web site, visit