Disk /dev/hde doesn't contain a valid partition table {Scanned}

SW wppiphoto at wppi.com
Tue Sep 7 04:14:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm trying to find out how I can go about making sure my new hard drive
(/dev/hde) is correctly formated and partitioned. This was my 1st time
adding a hard drive in a linux system and I had a pretty hard time setting
it up.

Now, I'm getting the following error when I try to run a backup script to
this hard drive:

Disk /dev/hde doesn't contain a valid partition table

Here is the info for this hard drive:

# e2fsck /dev/hde
e2fsck 1.32 (09-Nov-2002)
/dev/hde: clean, 194/24428544 files, 2871129/48840246 blocks

#vi /etc/fstab
/dev/hde                /Backups                ext3    defaults        1 2

Can anyone tell me how to go about troubleshooting this problem?

Thanks,

SW

        WPPi.com        |        WPPi.Net
  http://www.wppi.com   |  http://www.wppi.net
WPPi.com & WPPi.Net MailScanner Signature
This message has been scanned for viruses
and dangerous content by WPPi MailScanner,
and has been found to be clean.