unix box to send sms to mobile

starbase_947 at knesset.gov.il starbase_947 at knesset.gov.il
Mon Sep 13 07:02:32 UTC 2004

jim martin wrote:

| Hi..Dear Gurus,  I am very interested in implementing SMS client
| that send sms to mobile. Anyone heard about it before.  I came
| across this URL www.smsclient.org. But the support is very little.
| Anyone used it before ??
|
| 1)Anyone heard of smsclient software can be installed in Windows ??
| I ask this because I find hard to get a modem work on my Linux Box
|
| 2)I failed to get my modem work with my Linux box, FC2.  May I know
| is there any Recommended Modem Hardware confirmed to be work on Red
| Hat 8,9, FC1, FC2 ?
|
| 3)Is there any Linux Version that proven to be able to installed
| smsclient? Which Vendor/Version for example Red Hat 7.0 8.0/ 9.0 or
| Fedora Core1, 2 and etc?
|

|  __________________________________ Do you Yahoo!? New and Improved
| Yahoo! Mail - Send 10MB messages!
| http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail

In Israel, where i live there is a small Perl utility that send sms to
mobile phone.
It sends sms by the means of mobile operators websites.

the script actually login in your behalf to the website, writes the
message and sends it.
it works exteremly fast and it support proxies.

the script support 3 operators. you can use the ICQ mechanism in your
country
because with ICQ you can send free sms, (limited number of sms).

you can also use the Orange company mechanism (054 prefix) because it
uses the GSM mechanism which
is global by nature including sms.

we use this script in order to get message from a NAGIOS deamon.
it works prefercly fine.

download this at:
http://nadav.harel.org.il/software/sendsms/

Good Luck,