BIND Questions

Harry hari76 at omantel.net.om
Sun Sep 19 13:23:55 UTC 2004

Hi
I know this has been asked a zillion times, but I am still confused on this subject, and no search on the Net has cleared my doubts.

I have some Public Ips, which I have got from my ISP as I am their leased line customers. On one of the Ips I want to host my online website,
my conufusion starts here

1) Do I have to make Zone Files for the site on THIS LINUX server which will have the contents of the website?
2)Once I regsiter my Domain for eg.with Regsiter.com, what will be the DNS settings that I will have to put ?will it be my ISPs DNS settings?

At the moment for my testing I am able to access my website thru the IP, obviosly bcos I have done the required settings in the firewall as well as set up Apache and stuff like that. My only confusion is in the parameters of the Mapping of the DOMAIN NAME to the Ip address.
I hope I have been explicitly clear.

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Harry

"In all this world, there is only you
When all else ceases, there is only you"
-- to my MASTER!
    Harish
harish at sabnanis.com
harishsabnani at cyberhutoman.com