Taskbar Missing

Carina Calarco ccalarco at photocircuits.com
Wed Sep 22 15:24:49 UTC 2004

 Hello ~~

We just set up a Linux Enterprise 3 system. The root login (and all local
logins) are working fine but NIS logins are not displaying a taskbar. (There
is only a desktop with the Home and Trash icons...and a blank grey box for a
taskbar.) The same NIS logins work fine on our Redhat 9 system. (NIS itself
is working as I can ypcat passwd and host files...) I have deleted ~/.gnome
and related files hoping they would be recreated correctly, but so far I've
had no success. I've even copied the local users files hoping that they
would work but that didn't even get me to the desktop.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Carina