wpc54g wireless with rh9

Wartnick, James James.Wartnick at bestbuy.com
Mon Sep 27 18:21:40 UTC 2004

I've done extensive searching on Google to find a way to make the wpc54g
network wireless card work with
My rh9 system without success. Some sites/people have had success with
ndiswrapper and the XP drivers.
However, I have not had such luck. I am able to load the XP driver using
ndiswrapper (ndiswrapper -l shows the driver is
"ready/available"). I have set up an ifcfg-wlan0 file and am able to
start it. However, when I try to ping the router (or any ip for that
matter),
I get a "destination unreachable". I also have a hard-wired lan on the
same laptop (I only have one of them enabled at a time.)
The hard-wired lan (eth0) works perfectly and has the same settings as
the wireless lan (same ip address, netmask, gateway, ...).
I'm not sure why I'm getting the "destination unreachable" error with
the wireless, but not with the hard-wire. Also,
since this system is a dual-boot with XP, I've checked the wireless
settings for XP (ip address, netmask, channel, ESSID, ...) and they're
all identical.
The XP wireless works fine, rh does not. Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks.

James Wartnick