Gnome performance question

Yin Ming yinming at mdc-ds.com
Thu Sep 30 02:16:41 UTC 2004

I got the same problem. My box is very old, the K6-2 400M cpu, 128M
SDRAM, though it's fine when there is not too much windows opened, it
often freeze when I open several Mozila browsers. More dangerous
situation is, when I was downloading big files while opening browsers,
it freezed, and I have to wait a logn while to prevent downloading from
be interupted. I thought it's because my poor box, but Bob's box is
pretty new, is this problem a bug or weakness of GNOME?

I didn't try it in KDE, since it's much slower than GNOME, in my old box.

--
殷鸣 <yinming at mdc-ds.com>