FC3 and color change

Ed Wilts ewilts at ewilts.org
Sun Apr 3 12:23:19 UTC 2005

On Sat, Apr 02, 2005 at 09:41:49PM -0800, Pete Nesbitt wrote:
> On Saturday 02 April 2005 12:24 pm, Ed Wilts wrote:
> >
> It sounds like it changes/fails when the video driver is loaded. Do you use
> X video drivers from your card/chip vendor?

system-config-display wants to use the ATI Mach64 driver. lspci reports
a "ATI Technologies Inc Rage XL (rev 27)".  All my driver sources come
from Red Hat.

> The problems sound related in timing of when it fais, although if you've
> backed out of all the xorg & kernel updates, it shouldn't be a problem.

That's the weird part.  There must a way to put it back but I haven't
found that yet.  I've looked at the rpmpkgs reports but nothing else has
changed that should have an impact on this issue.

--
Ed Wilts, RHCE
Mounds View, MN, USA
mailto:ewilts at ewilts.org