SSH2

Cleber P. de Souza cleberps at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 11:29:36 UTC 2005

There is some job in prevent this SSH Attack by using port knocking
techniques with iptables.
With it will be need to do a probe in a other port from the admin
choice to later do the ssh connection. This don't prevent all the
attack, but will block all the script kiddies.
Look at: http://www.soloport.com/iptables.html and http://www.portknocking.org/

On Apr 6, 2005 1:09 AM, Mike Klinke <mklinke at axsi.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 05 April 2005 17:43, Chris W. Parker wrote:
> > I wonder why though the firewall (iptables) doesn't automatically
> > block ip addresses after say 20 failed attempts? Is this
> > possible?
>
> You can run sshd via xinetd for access to various filtering.  For
> example you can set up for example you can specify:
>
> per_source ---
>
> Takes an integer or "UNLIMITED" as an argument.  This specifies the
> maximum instances of  this  service  per source  IP address.
>
> cps ---
>
> Limits the rate of incoming  connections.  Takes two arguments.
> The  first argument is the number of connections per second to
> handle.  If the rate of  incoming  connections is higher than this,
> the service will be temporarily disabled.  The second argument  is
> the number  of seconds to wait before re-enabling the service after
> it has been disabled.
>
> only_from ---
>
> Limit connection to certain addresses.
>
> and others ----