Gnome configuration problem

Jeff Boyce jboyce at meridianenv.com
Wed Apr 6 21:22:08 UTC 2005

Thanks Gavin.
I only have a single terminal at the server with Xwindows and I am the only
person in our small office that has the ability/desire to manage the system,
so I am certain that two concurrent Gnome sessions under one username is not
the source of the problem.  I was able to successfully logout and stop the
Xwindow once at the server terminal, then after restarting X later could not
stop it at the server terminal.  In this case I killed the Gnome and Xwindow
process through Webmin at my Windows station.

I checked the /etc/gconf directory and the permissions are set at 755.  So
it appears that I am still looking for other possibilities and suggestions.
Any additional help from the list is appreciated.
Jeff