firewalls besides iptables

Ryan Golhar golharam at umdnj.edu
Fri Apr 8 17:24:43 UTC 2005

NFS uses RPC.  When the NFS server is rebooted, the ports RPC assigns to
it may change, which is what you are seeing this.

You can fix those ports to use specific ports.  There is a good
explanation of how to do this at

http://www.lowth.com/LinWiz/1.09/

I used this to fix the ports on our server NFS servers.

Ryan