MySQL in installed but mysqld nowhere to be found!!!!

Evan Panagiotopoulos epanagio at pcsd.k12.ny.us
Sun Apr 10 01:17:26 UTC 2005

Thanks for the information and for taking time to help me.

By the way, I downloaded the mysql-server package, which allowed me
to start the server.

I have been a loyal RedHat customer for over 10 years and I like to
see their products improve. They should try to improve on their
documentation and customer relations. If you choose to install MySQL
there is a good possibility that you will run the server.

Why do they install the httpd startup script and not mysqld? I am NOT
trying to be a pain, I simply don't understand why do I have to learn
from a listserve about channels and not have this explained in the
documentation. If the two wonderful members of this list did not
respond to my query, I would be pulling the few hairs I have left
wondering why MySQL does not work.

Nevertheless, RedHat should be careful and try not to alienate their
customers by providing unfriendly solutions.

Sincerely,

Evan